Gabrielle Guy combines art and research.
Gabrielle Guy is a visual artist and researcher. Using photography (or moving image) she documents aspects of people's identity and personalities. The portraits captured are candid, allowing the camera and sitter to be an equal part of the conversation.
Guy specialised in Material & Visual Culture and Documentary and Narrative Filmmaking (at UCL). These skills are now being used in an independent research project (MRes/PhD) on themes of: culture, gender and health.
As a freelance artist and researcher Guy is able to offer a combination of these skillsets for a variety of commissions. Custom portfolios are available on request. When Guy is not researching or working on visual art, you will find her playing saxophone at a variety of functions (banquets, concerts, funerals, worship services). Click here to commission her.
MRes & PhD Anthropology Candidate (Visual) - 2020 - 2024
MA Material & Visual Culture (UCL) - 2017 - 2018
BA (Hons) Photography (First Class) - 2014 - 2017
- Tate Modern; Tate Exchange - Southwark Untold, artist - contributing filmmaker (2018)
- TenPoint5ive Gallery - exhibitor and panel member, (2018)
- Safehouse 1 Gallery, exhibitor and panel member (2018)
- TenPoint5ive Gallery - curator and exhibitor, (2018)
- Nunhead Green Community Centre (2017) - Solo
- University of Hertfordshire (2017)
- Luton Hat Factory (2016)
- Heartwood Forest (2015)
- Westminster Kingsway College (2013)
Peckham Peculiar, April 2018 (Front page and official interview, p24)
Peckham Peculiar, September 2016 (Image Credits, p7)
Work with Me
Gabrielle is available for commercial, editorial or private commissions. Get in touch using my contact form to discuss rates and availability.
Prints are sold on request. For any prints not listed in the online store, please get in touch.
- Crème de la Crème - UK (present)
- 1340 Art Gallery (2017-2018)
- London Creative Network (2017-2018)
- NUJ Student Member (2015-2018)
- AOP Student Member (2015-2017)
- WPP/Ogilvy - Vodafone (Team Red) (2019)
- Four Corners (Roman Road) (2016-2018)
- Astrid Schulz Photography (2016)
- Magnum Photos (2016)
- Keyphoto Ltd (2016)
- Pecan Pi x Southwark Council (2015 - 2016)